- University of Illinois with degree in biology – Post Graduate Periodontal Residency
- Loyola University School of Dentistry
- Professor at the University of Illinois College of Dentistry Department of Periodontics – Past
- Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology-Highest level of achievement in periodontics
- Past President – West Side Branch of Chicago Dental Society and Illinois Society of Periodontists
Dr. Zmick is married with 3 grown sons, 2 step-children, and 4 step-grandchildren. She currently resides Long Grove. She enjoys traveling to sunny destinations, cruising, ballroom dancing, and health and fitness.